Do engaged employees mean more productivity? Here’s our cool infographic where we explain the importance of Employee Engagement and why it’s essential for a great company culture and team happiness.
START A FREE TRIAL
Employee engagement does not mean employee happiness or satisfaction. That is not enough! An engaged employee is both happy and satisfied but he/she has an emotional commitment to the organization and its goals.
26% - Engaged
45% - Disengaged
29% - ActivelyDisengaged
That’s right! 74% are not engaged.
COSTS OF DISENGAGEMENT - $350 Billion / Year U.S Companies
Disengaged -33% Income
- Young employees with no career long-term goals tend to be disengaged;
- Lower company hierarchy usually means less engagement;
- The largest percentage of disengaged employees is found on the Y Generation, those born between 1978 and 1994.
Engaged +19% Income
- They promote company culture.
- They are decision makers.
- Focused on their careers.
- Engaged employees are motivated by their leaders.
WHAT DRIVES EMPLOYEES?
- 25% Manager Relationships
- 25% Opportunities
- 13% Flexible Conditions
- 9% Challenging Work
- 8% Work Preferences
- 8% Coworker Cooperation
- 5% Impact on Company
- 5% Career Development
RECOGNITION AS A KEY FACTOR - WHY EMPLOYEES LEAVE?
- 60% Don’t feel their work recognized.
- 50% Different values than their employees.
- 40% Career goals don´t match employees plans.
- 40% Don’t respect the person they report to.
- 64% Leave their job because they don’t feel recognized
- 22% Feel they are regularly recognized
- 49% say they would leave their job for a company that recognized employees
- 69% would work harder if they were better recognized.
- 63% of those who don’t feel recognized intend to quit their jobs in the next 2 years.
- 78% of U.S workers say recognition is a part of their daily motivation.
Money is not everything! - Organizations that use reward based recognition spend 38 billion every year but only 29% feel recognized.
I WANT TO RECOGNIZE MY TEAM
27% Praise/Recognition - Best ways to praise?
- Recognized and praise employees on a daily basis;
- Honor employees publicity;
- Diversify reward to meet each employee needs.
18% Monetary Rewards - Why do monetary awards rank so low?
- They lack the trophy value that gives status;
- Employees don’t often talk about them with each other;
- They tend to be forgotten as they are quickly spent;
- Cash does not stand out as an extra incentive.
"People often say motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing. That's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar