Employee engagement – infographics
Engaged employees means more productivity? Here’s our cool infographic where we explain the importance of Employee Engagement and why it’s essential for a great company culture and team happiness.
WHY DOES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT MATTER?
Employee engagement does not mean employee happiness or satisfaction.That is not enough! An engaged employee is both happy and satisied but he has the emotional commitment to the organization and its goals.
26% – Engaged
45% – Disengaged
29% – ActivelyDisengaged
That’s right! 74% are not engaged.
COSTS OF DISENGAGEMENT – $350 Billion / Year U.S Companies
Disengaged -33% Income
- Young employees with no career long term goals tend to be disengaged;
- Lower company hierarchy usually means less engagement;
- The largest percentage of disengaged employees is found on the Y Generation, those born between 1978 and 1994.
Engaged +19% Income
- They promote company culture.
- They are decision makers.
- Focused on their careers.
- Engaged employees aremotivated by their leaders.
WHAT DRIVES EMPLOYEES?
- 25% Manager Relationships
- 25% Opportunities
- 13% Flexible Conditions
- 9% Challenging Work
- 8% Work Preferences
- 8% Coworker Cooperation
- 5% Impact on Company
- 5% Career Development
RECOGNITION AS A KEY FACTOR – WHY EMPLOYEES LEAVE?
- 60% Don’t feel their work recognized.
- 50% Diferent values than their employees.
- 40% Career goals don´t match employees plans.
- 40% Don’t respect the person they report to.
- 64% Leave their job because they don’t feel recognized
- 22% Feel they are regularly recognized
- 49% say they would leave their job for a company that recognized employees
- 69% would work harder if they were better recognized.
- 63% of those who don’t feel recognized intend to quit their jobs in the next 2 years.
- 78% of U.S workers say recognition is a part oftheir daly motivation.
Money is not everything! – Organizations that use reward based recognition spend 38 billion every year but only 29% feel recognized.
27% Praise/Recognition – Best ways to praise?
- Recognized and praise employees on a daily basis;
- Honor employees publicity;
- Diversify reward to meeteach employee needs.
18% Monetary Rewards – Why do monetary awards rank so low?
- They lack the trophy value that gives status;
- Employees don’t often talk about them with each other;
- They tend to be forgotten as they are quickly spent;
- Cash does not stand out as an extra incentive.
“People often say motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar